Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Taylor

Thursday will mark our third week here in Taylor. It has been a crazy, hectic, wild three weeks but we are settling in and developing a routine. We all seem to be adjusting pretty well. The boys are loving being around Popo and Grandma and Tia Jaime and Tia Stef and of course their cousins.

We enrolled Elijah in pre-k here in Taylor. This has been Elijah's first experience with public school. He went to Polk Street in Amarillo for the last two years and had the same teacher(she moved up with them) so this has been completely different. He seems to like school ok but is still trying to adjust to his non-bankers hours. He has to be at school at 7:45 which makes every morning a challenge for both of us!

These are a couple of pictures of him on the first day of school.




Ricky is currently working at Banana Republic at the nearby outlet mall (yes that means GOOD discounts on already discounted clothes). He is in the process of getting on with a security company that his cousin works for. This job will pay more and give him more hours.



We had the opportunity to visit our future home a a couple weeks ago. Ricky, Kyle, and I(Elijah was in school) headed to Schertz/Cibalo to meet Zak White and his lovely wife Amber along with their adorable little guy, Couper. Seeing the area and hearing how God is already moving through Revolution Church made us that much more excited to be there and "get started". However, we know that this has to wait a bit longer. We are anxiously awaiting the day we get to pack up and make our home in Schertz/Cibalo. This past weekend, we got to attend The Connection Church in Kyle, Texas(I am pretty sure EVERYONE we met made a comment about our Kyle's name! haha) where Zak was preaching. It was a great experience and again just made us that much more excited for what God is doing and that we get to be a part of it!

We are trying our hardest to enjoy every moment here with family! I know my boys will look back and treasure this time, as will I! Elijah wakes up asking when he gets to see "his" Jonah and goes to bed asking the same thing. I just had to add a couple pictures of the kids playing! :)


Kyle and Jocelyn. Jocelyn is 10 months older than Kyle but you can't tell from looking.

This isn't the greatest picture but if you click on it, you can see his combined look of fear and determination. He was so scared but his Jonah had climbed this so he was going to as well! And, he DID!


For some reason, this is how my sweet Kyle smiles when I say cheese!! haha


Elijah and his Jonah


The boys again. This picture is to set up the next picture! :)
Grandma decided to bring fudge pops to the park for the kids.

Sometimes I wish I could look like this and people wouldn't say a word to me! :)
He is feeding the ducks. And of course, I think HE ate as much bread as he threw to them! Silly boy!


For fun, here are some of the things I have learned about living in Central Texas!

#1 Instead of taking a rain jacket to a Friday night football game in early September, an
umbrella does the job MUCH better

#2 People do not slow down here. . .there are no down times. . .it is always GO, GO, GO

#3 Taylor schools have some WEIRD policies

#4 Running is so much easier down here!

#5 It is not fun to live in Taylor, Texas on a Saturday when my beloved Sooners lose and the
Longhorns win!


1 comment:

Stef said...

Why is it that every time I read one of your blogs end up in tears? I love you my Kallie Dee and I love waking up in the morning knowing you guys are HERE!!!!