Saturday, June 23, 2012

Growing Up

 I have always tried(emphasis on the word tried) to enjoy every stage with my babies.  Sometimes that is very difficult such as when they are a tiny newborn and scream for 3 solid months, are in a terribly whiney stage, or in the 'NO' stage.  Sometimes, that is not as difficult such as when that screaming newborn finds her thumb and realizes life isn't so bad, that whiney child takes a nap and feels better, or when a child finally learns the word yes! But, I've having a very difficult time with the newest stage in our sweet girls life.  She is 13 months old, nearly 14 months.  She is precious, sweet, funny(and knows it), and such a pure blessing to our family.  However, last Tuesday, she broke my heart! My precious girl decided on her own that she no longer wanted a bottle(of cows milk) and no longer wanted to rock.  Without a peep(usually), she lays down, cuddles her blanket and bear, and goes to sleep.  With the boys, I thought this was a great accomplishment.  And really, not rocking her for 30-45 minutes does make the evenings easier.  However, I just wasn't ready for this. . .


 My beautiful baby girl

And, I'm also not quite sure when these sweet, handsome guys got so big either. . . 

No comments: