Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where does the time go?

I haven't posted in nearly 5 months. I have thought many times about writing a blog. Sometimes, I have even pre-planned one in my head. I just haven't actually made it to the computer to type it.
Instead of trying to "catch up" on what has happened in our OH SO EXCITING(ha) lives, I will write about what I started this blog for in the first place, as a place to write about and post pictures of our family.

January is the month of both of our boys birthdays. So along with being sick off and on all month, we have also been celebrating birthdays most of the month.



This sweet little boy turned 3 on January 9th. I'm not sure where the time has gone with him either! He has grown up so much in the last year. He is definitely not a baby any more. He is smart, funny, sweet, and a CONSTANT ball of energy. He loves to make people laugh and is very good at it. His vocabulary amazes me! I am constantly thinking to myself where in the world he learned that particular word! He LOVES all things transportation. Airplanes are his favorite but he also really enjoys rockets, trains(Thomas), cars, and especially school buses.


Last night was his first night in his "big boy" bed. He has been in a toddler bed for just at a year but with the upcoming arrival of his little sister(more about her in a later post) we needed to combine rooms. So, last night, we made the big switch and the boys now share a room. Kyle was so "escited" to have a sleep over with Elijah. I know that excitement will eventually ware off but it is great right now.


AND, this sweet boy turned 6 on January 25th. And that is VERY hard to type! I can't believe he is getting to be so grown up! And forgive the picture! He doesn't actually LOVE having his picture taken and the day before his birthday we found out he had strep throat(AGAIN) and double ear infections(AGAIN)! He has grown up a lot over the last year as well. . in different ways. He is compassionate, dramatic, funny, sweet, and smart! He is quite the little reader and "tech" guy. He loves all things technology including the computer(he has it ALL figured out), DS, and anything else he can get his hands on. He loves legos, super heros(still), but his favorite right now is Ben 10. He is a great big brother and is VERY excited to have a little sister. He is constantly talking to her and loving on her while she is in Momma! :)

No comments: