Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Fun

For the longest time, I dreaded the coming of Fall.  I was a summer swimmer and always knew that summer was gone for good for the current year when the leaves and temperature started falling! Now that I am older, I enjoy fall.  I look forward to the change and the fun things that we get to do with the boys.  Up until this year, Elijah was still really too young to understand the fun of dressing up, carving pumpkins, playing in piles of leaves, footie pajamas(see previous post), etc.  This year has been so much fun as he has taken so much delight in each activity! 

I thought I would post some pictures of some of the "fall" outings we have been on! Please bare with me, our camera is old and outdated! I hope you enjoy the images even if they aren't great quality!

WT Football Game(If you know me you know I LOVE football! I was so sad that the ONE game we go to, they lose! SO sad!!!)





I don't know if we will ever get one where we are all looking where we are supposed. . .


"Fall" Carnival at Elijah's School

Here are the boys ready to go have some fun. . .

Silly Elijah enjoying the maze!
Sweet Kyle along for the ride. . .as always! :)


Pumpkin Patch

A pumpkin patch went to Elijah's school several weeks ago.  He was allowed to pick out a "big" pumpkin.  He was ecstatic  about this.  We deicded this would be the year to go ourselves and let him pick out a really large pumpkin to carve a Jack'O'Lantern.  Needless to say it was an adventure as neither Ricky nor I had previous experience with carving! Elijah had fun none-the-less and ended up convincing us to carve his "big" pumpkin he got from school as well!


My Sweet Boys. . .Elijah refused to sit on the ground next to Kyle.  He is such a "rule" follower.  He saw that he was supposed to sit on the step and refused to do anything but that!

The beginning of the "Happy" Jack'O'Lantern. . .if you know Elijah very well then you know this is a HUGE thing for him to have his hand in the slimy pumpkin!


Almost there. . . notice the plastic green knife. . .he had to help! :)

The finished products! :)

Trick or Treating

Last but not least is trick or treating! Elijah actually remembered doing this last year and was very excited.  We live on a cull-de-sac with exactly 21 houses(including ours).  So, we only spent about an hour out and about but he thought it was great! Again, our sweet Kyle was along for the ride! :)

Sorry this post was so long. . .I don't seem to have time to periodically post so mine end up being a mile long! 

No comments: